Home Survey Level 2
These are one and the same thing and are prepared solely for your benefit and are far more comprehensive than a standard Property or Market Valuation.
They are designed for conventionally constructed (brick and slate/tile), newer properties, but if the property is an older property of varying type of construction, then you will require a Building or Structural Survey instead.
Set out in standard formats, Home Survey Level 2 require the Surveyor to comment on the visible condition of the main elements of the structure at the time of inspection.
This will include the walls, roof, gutters/drain, pipes, joinery and decoration. The report provides a condition rating to each element of the structure on a traffic light basis from a condition rating of 1 to 3:
* 1 being satisfactory
* 2 being requiring non-urgent repairs
* 3 means the property requires urgent repairs
The aim is to provide the house buyer expert professional advice about the basic faults of a property and what it may be worth in the open market in a straightforward and easy to understand format.
The Home Survey Level 2 is much more detailed than a Market Valuation and will answer questions about the property including (but not limited to):
- Roof - is it well built?
- Gutters and drain pipes - are they defective? Are they due for replacement?
- Joinery and decorations - is there evidence of woodworm? Will the outside paintwork need renewing?
- Marketability - comments on present and future demand
- Open market valuation - This will reflect local market conditions and any special factors
If you would like to book a Home Survey Level 2 or require more information about the type of survey you require or wish to speak to someone directly, please Contact Us today